Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Farmgirl's Dream



This is a view of my new property. This shows just the front part of the empty 10 acre parcel. The trees planted towards the center of the photo are to the right of the gated entrance of the "community" which is called Saddle Ridge Estates. It was once all part of a 160 acre farm that my dad farmed many years ago. My cousin's son, Josh, had just cut the grass hay shown here, and was working on the bailer getting ready to bail it. The white rail fence on the left is the front of the parcel which faces Peone Valley Lane. We plan to build our house here in 2 or 3 years. In the meantime, I will have my cousin keep farming the parcel. We have chosen a house plan that is kind of a modern version of a typical farmhouse with a large front porch. The garage is detached and I envision a quilting/sewing studio at the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home