Monday, September 15, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

Well, of course a year makes a big difference. But for me, I'm having a hard time keeping up. Everything used to be the same. Year after year. I grew up on a farm, went to college for four years, then lived in the same house for 23 years. Things have always moved slowly with lots of time for preparation and even more time for recovery. I used to say that I hated "change". Well, things have changed again since my last post and I am fine, I'm going to live!

The best change . . . I'm a grandma!!!!!

Meet Little Miss Libby . . . the most beautiful baby in the world! Born March 8, 2008. Her whole name is Elizabeth Jean Marble.


The hard part is that she is in Kentucky and I am in Idaho. But I'm planning to see her soon again. Hopefully next month . . . but . . . the other big change may get in the way . . .



We are moving. And we are not moving to the farm! I'm OK with it now . . . actually more than OK. I've given up one dream and traded it for another. We are moving to Whidbey Island. Well, at least we THINK we are moving to Whidbey Island. At least we are going to be building a house there and if things work out, we will be able to move into this new house and live there for a while. In the mean time . . . let me quick add a picture of the house we are living in now, before it is officially sold. This is a BEFORE picture. This is how it looked when we bought it.


This is a WINTER picture. We had the GREATEST winter this past year. At one point there was just over 3 feet of snow on the ground. I really loved it. But the hard part was that Randy had to drive over Snoqualmie Pass to get here and back and the pass was closed a LOT. But Randy loved the snow here too. So much fun after years of living in Western Washington where it hardly ever snows.



This is the water access. It is used as a boat launch. But we are part-owners of this riverfront and had plans to add a dock so we could enjoy it more.




And this tiny little picture is the After photo. I did a lot of work on the landscaping. But I'm going to have to find a better picture.


If I wrote more often all of this would make more sense. I'll try harder . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger staceymayer said...

Dear Randy and Nancy,

Hello from your WSU friend, Stacey. R.T. Ball and I were chatting about you lately, he is planning a WSU Institute Reunion this next summer, and I told him I'd try and find you. I hope this address is still able to get email to you.

Phil and I used to see you every so often when we lived in Bothell. We now live in Everett, WA.

We've discovered that *both* of us are Hamblin descendants, so we'd sure love to be able to compare our lines with you.

Please reply if you get this message, and we send all of our warmest wishes.

Warmly,

Phil and Stacey Mayer
360-878-3614

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home